Distance Learning Guidelines
- Tuition for Distance Learning is 12 monthly payments of $615.00 (July 2020 - June 2021, or 11 monthly payments of $671 (August 2020 - June 2021).
- ClassDojo will be used for Distance Learning. Parents needing support, may set up a meeting with the Curriculum Director.
- School curriculum will be adapted to Distance Learning with Weekly Lesson Plans for the students to follow at home.
- A weekly classroom newsletter will be sent and will include Science, Social Studies, vocabulary of the week, and age appropriate video links to support the weekly themes.
- Textbooks (English and Spanish) will be included to follow the lessons plans.
- School Supplies - The following school supplies will be provided by B.L.A.: pencil box, pencils, eraser, colored pencils, markers, scissors, construction paper, play-doh, water colors.
- Electronic Device - Parents will need to provide their child an electronic device that is compatible with ClassDojo, Zoom, and YouTube. It is recommended to have a device solely for this purpose.
- Monthly Art & Crafts materials bag (Parents are responsible for picking them up at BLA).
- Everyday interactive Circle Time meetings with the teacher through Zoom.
- Fridays' Sharing Day Zoom Meeting with different games and activities to support and reinforce the weekly concepts.
- Everyday Enrichment classes videos (Monday - Mindfulness, Tuesday - Fitness, Wednesday - Art, Thursday - Music and Movement, and Friday - Yoga).
- Videos lessons to support the lesson plans.
- Parents are responsible for submitting their child's work, so the teacher may review, correct, and to support the student's development.
- Progress Report Cards will be given electronically.
- There will be three Zoom parent/ teacher conference days during the school year. Parent-Teacher conferences are scheduled in October, February and June.
- If parents want to change their child to in-person school program, the school requires 30 days written notification, and will be based on space availability.
- Distance Learning Program does not include in-person School activities/events.
- Should in-person classes be moved to Distance Learning due to an illness (COVID-19 or other pandemic related virus), only groups affected will move to Distance Learning for two weeks or until permitted to reopen, all other groups will continue with in-person classes.
Like Us on FacebookFacebook